We are seeking a senior Product Manager to join the team that is defining and executing the vision across generations of compute and storage platforms for our cloud. You will own the strategy and oversee the development and management of product roadmaps based on it.
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position for a highly experienced professional. You’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You will partner with our AWS services owners (EC2, EBS, S3, etc.) to inform their architectures and product offerings, and drive adoption of innovative technologies. You will influence suppliers’ roadmaps and partner with them to launch custom products.
You must have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you must be constantly looking for ways to improve your products’ performance, quality, and cost. Attention to details, creativity, depth of industry knowledge, and a well-trained business sense are a must. We’re continuously changing the industry we are in. We want a leader who is ready for this challenge, and wants to reach beyond what is possible today.
The successful candidate must be highly technical, analytical, effective in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities. Key Responsibilities:
- Drive the vision and execution of the compute and storage hardware product roadmap
- Digest technical trends, how they impact the business, and develop roadmaps that enables the latest technology needed for our cloud
- Prioritize and plan the execution of the roadmap
- Resolve challenges – making trade-offs to balance between the business and the technical needs
- Make business decisions around build vs. buy, cost vs. cycle time, performance vs. cost, power vs. performance etc. to optimize our portfolio of products across our cloud