Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Sr. Manager of the Technical Operations organization, you will lead a diverse team of Technical Operations Engineers that partner with engineering, operations and manufacturing teams to usher new products into manufacturing environments and support them through the production lifecycle. You will leverage your deep and broad engineering domain expertise to provide technical leadership for the Technical Operations Engineering team, and be accountable for their results. You will train your teams to identify problems well before they occur, and avoid them. The Role:
You will hire, develop and manage mechanical, electro-mechanical, electrical, optical, integration, and test engineering teams that influence designs, architect manufacturing solutions, and solve difficult manufacturing-related problems. Activities include:
- Define staffing requirements and team member technical skills needed for the program.
- Recruit, hire, develop and manage the Technical Operations team to maintain a deep level of manufacturing domain expertise in the following areas:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Power Engineering
- Optical Engineering
- Automation Engineering
- Material Science
- Identify proficiency gaps in the team and close them through training, additional hiring or out-sourcing methods.
- Work closely with the management of other program teams to ensure good alignment with Product Operations tenets and goals (roles and responsibilities, DfX approach, supply chain design, staffing, failure management, etc.).
- As required, lead the investigation and adoption of new manufacturing technologies and processes.
- Recommend and manage CAPEX budgets.