The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers customer-obsessed consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.The Role:
Will be part of the Fire OS organization and will be responsible for leading a team of software engineers. Fire OS supports all Android devices that are built at Amazon. The supported devices include Tablets and TV.
The Software Development Manager will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of framework and low level engineers responsible for features development on Android devices. In this position you will partner with product teams (Tablet, TV, etc.), product managers, project managers and other internal resources.
You will also provide technical leadership and management for the team. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence, application and low level system background, and strong Android experience. In addition, it will require demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and architecture. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
· Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
· Maintain and improve existing software
· Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
· Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management