Amazon China Shenzhen branch is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineer high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
The Commodity Manager is a critical part of the Kindle development process and is responsible for formulating, communicating, and executing an assurance of supply strategy relative to their respective commodity which consists of the materials, supplies and components necessary to develop products for Amazon customers. The commodity manager ensure that the supply chain is capable of delivering high quality with volume to support production requirements. Responsibilities:
· Responsible for assurance of supply from engineering build to mass production
· Interface with cross functional teams to assess and solve business and quality related issues that may have impact to ramp.
· Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, service, supply, and delivery.
· Responsible for quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives.
· Manage supplier relationships including delivery performance, capability development, and quality improvements.
· Periodic travel to supplier’s manufacturing sites.
· Support our OEM supplier initiatives including VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, etc.