Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Systems Engineer for the PLM team. This team builds software and tools to support the "design and manufacture" aspects of the Amazon devices. You will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of PLM infrastructure and other related systems. We are looking for an individual who is responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, have a desire to drive change, and long for the opportunity to analyze systematic issues and implement solutions to challenging problems.
- Calmly and quickly diagnose and fix critical systems failures in high pressure situations?
- Manage and grow innovative, production-quality tools to solve real operational problems, in Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Java, etc.?
- Investigate complicated technical issues scientifically and thoroughly, and assist in fixing them so they don't come back?
- Understand how a modern, cloud-hosted application stack works from top to bottom?
- Know how to provide technical solutions to real business problems in a global organization?
The ideal candidate will be expected to perform high quality systems deployment, operations, best practices application, optimization, internal customer interactions, and produce appropriate technical documentation and reports. He/she will be responsible for systems functionality, performance, and configurations issues. He/she will demonstrate sound knowledge of Unix and Scripting concepts and theory, and have experience participating in systems deployment and support. He/she will have a proven track record of success in driving complex issues to resolution autonomously and/or collaboratively. A love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required.