Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
With the Senior Systems Development Engineer - Cloud position gives you the opportunity to work on cutting edge large scale cloud services that will be used by millions of next generation devices. This position gives you the opportunity to work with world class Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning experts, to build the cloud systems that allow their algorithms to be used by millions of people. Work with streaming video, large scale deployments and high performance computing, both CPU and GPU related, as well as solve distributed systems problems. This position involves design, architecture, implementation and operation of large scale cloud systems.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience working with large scale cloud systems, understanding how to architect and build them
- Enjoys learning about cutting edge Artificial Intelligence and machine learning algorithms
- Keeps the customer in mind when designing systems
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge