As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of application engineers responsible for core applications on embedded devices. In this position you will partner with product managers, project managers, user experience designers and other internal resources. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The Software Development Manager will provide technical leadership and management for an applications team. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of embedded application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
To learn more about the Software Development Manager role, click here: http://amzn.to/2jlbcWZ