Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Role: As a Senior Software Development Engineer - Bluetooth, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
You will work closely with the hardware, operations, application, platform, back-end and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The Bluetooth connectivity team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a high-performance, low-power, stable platform. In this role, you will:
· Implement high-quality drivers as well as stack and framework features
· Work with teams to improve and tailor existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs
· Implement power management features
· Improve memory footprint of drivers
· Optimize driver and stack code
· Provide testing facilities
· Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware
· Work with the applications and user-space teams to ensure an adequate level of functionality and reporting
· Be able to occasionally travel internationally