Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Senior Materials Manager is responsible for all activities related to order fulfillment, from forecasts to delivery, including day-to-day communication and management of the OEM partner globally. This person has a business orientation and is responsible for working within the local and remote Operations team driving order fulfillment. In this role, you will:
- Act as the primary liaison between OEM and team in Cupertino monitoring, managing and driving the OEM to assure goals/schedule is being met
- Communicate forecast and verify fulfillment from a materials perspective
- Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate any shortages preventing meeting order schedule, including assisting in sourcing materials as required
- Schedule and host meetings with suppliers in US and/or globally as required reducing and eliminating shortages
- Be responsible for report generation and distribution
- May represent the materials organization in internal Lab126 program meetings