Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology as well as e-readers that have revolutionized reading. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software. Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, PHP or Python
- Experience working with networking or communications devices in an embedded environment
- Experience taking product requirements and developing software architectures and designs to bring them to life
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate customer applications and interaction methodologies
- Development experience on multiple Linux platforms and mobile devices (Android, iOS)
- Experience in applying open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, MySQL, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.