Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology as well as e-readers that have revolutionized reading. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. The Role:
An IT Solution Architect will focus on enterprise applications and services at Lab126, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of common solutions across the Lab126 community. Your broad responsibilities will include owning the technical engagement with internal strategic partners and managing implementation teams.
The ideal candidate will possess deep technical skills in software architecture, data center hosting and cloud computing as well as possess interpersonal skills at all levels of a partner-based organization. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Your other responsibilities include:
- Serve as a key member of the Lab126 IT team in helping to ensure success in deploying enterprise-level applications and services
- Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful engagements across the Lab126 enterprise
- Scope each engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria
- Have complete understanding of software development life cycle and tool sets
- Own each engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the Lab126 IT community
- Establish best practices for applications and services to promote leveraging of common solutions across the Lab126 enterprise
- Participate in defining the technical standards and guidelines for the team or group
- Participate in critical problem solving and advanced technical troubleshooting to assist the organization
- Present a technical solution and the underlying business requirements that drove its development, assess the technical integrity and risks inherent in that solution in such a way that the recommendations and findings are appropriate and can be implemented across the function/business unit
- Compiles or designs architectural models of current and proposed systems across the enterprise for use internally at Lab126 and in conjunction with Technology Partners (internal and external)